In BOP’s attempt in spreading its products and services in all Palestinian provinces, even in the rural areas, the bank has opened on the 26th of April of 2011 its new branch in the village of Na’leen. Opening this branch has made the number of branches and offices for the bank to reach 45 branches and offices.
In Mr. Shawa’s speech in the opening ceremony, he stated that the bank will continue to invest and grow in Palestine, with its locally generated capital. In addition, he thanked the PMA’s efforts and support to the bank in order to support its expansion around the whole country, employing more than 1000 employees and providing products and services to more than a half a million customers. Mr. Shawa also talked about the bank’s achievements throughout the past years and BOP’s strategy in allocating 5% of its profits to support the Palestinian community as part of the bank’s social responsibility.