This program has been designed to meet the needs of fishermen and develop their profession. Through the program fishermen can buy fishing equipment and fishing boats, or repair engines of damaged boats. The loan limit ranges from USD 1,000 to USD 10,000.
Fishermen who are members in the Palestinian Fishermen Association – Gaza Strip
How to apply
- Two-year membership in the Palestinian Fishermen Association.
- Loan to be used for the purpose it is intended for.
- Equipment to be purchased through the Fishermen Association and the bank, to be provided with an invoice or a statement of the purchase value.
- Permanent residency.
- Over 18 years.
- Borrower’s name must not be listed on the list of customers with limited disposal authority or on the black list.
Features of the Program
- Very low interest.
- No commission.
- Easy procedures to apply for a loan.
- ID photo of customer and guarantors, and in case the customer or guarantor is a company, the commercial register and bylaws must be submitted provided that possibility of lending or guarantee is subject to close scrutiny of the real situation.
- A letter from the Fishermen Association stating the date of the customer’s membership.
- Price quotation from the association stating the process of machines and equipment planned for purchase.
- Statement of account from the other banks the customer deals with, if any.